Reed College // Portland, OR
BA Art, May 2015.
Thesis: A (Tenuous) Body (of Work) concerning feminist art, the physical experience of the viewer, and transparent materials.
- Studied abroad in Ifrane, Morocco at Al-Akhawayn University, Spring 2012
- Studied abroad in Florence, Italy at NYU Florence, Fall 2011
Exhibitions & Commissions:
- To Re-Wild. Public art commission by Reedsburg ArtsLink, culminating in nationally-recognized arts festival Fermentation Fest & Farm/Art DTour. July 30 - October 10. Reedsburg WI
- Crosswalk commission for the City of Reedsburg, WI
- Public mural commission. The Reedsburg Farmer’s Co-op, Reedsburg WI
- Public sculpture commission. Friendswood Hardware, Friendswood TX
- Selected studies from Lonely Creatures. Camino, Milwaukee WI
- Wild Creatures: Part One & Two. Group Show: Printmaking. Var Gallery, Milwaukee WI
- Selected works from The Sanctuary. 2015 Season Artist Residency Show: A Season of Soil. Reedsburg, WI
- The Sanctuary (An Installation). Warehouse Row, Reedsburg WI
- Six Cloths and a Background. Recent Graduates Exhibition. Blackfish Gallery, Portland OR
- In the Altogether (a collaboration with artist Taylor Leigh). Gender Studies Symposium. Lewis and Clark College, Portland OR
- A (Tenuous) Body (of Work). Senior Thesis Exhibition. Reed College, Portland OR
- Public mural commission. Friendswood Hardware, Friendswood TX
- Public mural commission: Il Circo. Caffé Circo, Portland OR
- A Qualifying Body of Work. Reed College, Portland OR
- Public mural commission: Diversity. Reed College, Portland OR
- Group Show: Works on Paper. Bamboo Grove Gallery, Portland OR
- June-August. Wormfarm Institute, Reedsburg WI
Work and Volunteer Experience:
Intern for the Wormfarm Institute’s annual Fermentation Fest // Reedsburg, WI
Sept – Oct 2015
- All-around intern for the annual Fermentation Fest & Farm/Art DTour, an 11-day festival centering on the interaction between art & rural.
Organizer for ArtsLink’s first Reedsburg Art Walk // Reedsburg, WI
June – July 2015
- Member of the organizing group for Reedsburg’s first Art Walk, through the community organization ArtsLink.
Employee for the Art Department at Reed College // Portland, OR
Sept 2010 – May 2015
- General employee (organizing and setting up for classes, gallery assistant, etc).
- Personal employee for artist / professor G. Ondrizek.
Assistant Curator and Technical Director for the Emergent Art Space international show Translations // Portland, OR
- Assisting with curatorial duties of arranging work, and installing artwork.
Program Leader at the Meyer Boys and Girls Club // Portland, OR
May – Aug 2013
- Working with the drop-in kids program for half of the day, and leading camps with self-created curricula for the other half (ie: Recycled Art, Drama Camp, Lego Constructions, etc.).
Facilitator at Girls Inc Northwest // Portland, OR
Mar – May 2013
- Co-leading a group of young teenage girls at a school in Portland in a self-empowerment and media literacy program, culminating in an artistic group project designed by the girls.
Relevant Skills, Interests, and Experience
- Nominee for the Watson Fellowship, 2015-16
- Project entitled: Fragility and Fortitude: Creating Portraits of People and the Endangered Landscape they call ‘Home’. The intent was to reside in four countries experiencing massive cultural and geographical change, over the course of 12 months, and document my interactions with people through the medium of drawing.
- Finalist for the 2015 summer Kaspar T. Locher Grant, a creative grant through Reed College.
- Project proposal to create a book containing both short stories and illustration regarding my travels and the interactions that occurred.